Total Hardness test strips are perfect to test the hardness of your water, to check the performance of your water softener, for service work, classroom demonstrations, or to give to customers instead of an expensive service call. This full range test kit lets you measure hardness on a very wide range of 0ppm to 1000ppm (mg/l).
(ppm = parts per million)
The definition of water hardness is based on the amount of calcium it contains per litre:
- Soft water contains less than 30mg of calcium per litre (less than 30ppm)
- Moderately hard water contains between 30 and 60mg (30 to 60ppm)
- Hard water between 60 and 120mg (60 to 120ppm)
- Very hard water contains more than 120mg of calcium per litre (more than 120ppm)
Total Hardness test strips for water quality offer a wide range of detection and are calibrated to be both accurate and sensitive:
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Low cost and high accuracy
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate results are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
With total hardness water quality test strips you are in control and can find out exactly where your calcium level is before it becomes a problem.
Understanding your Results:
- Hardness greater than 80ppm: Detergents with softening agents are not completely effective in cleaning
- Hardness greater than 120ppm: Some scaling will occur in pipes and appliances
- Hardness greater than 250ppm: Dishwasher impossible to use without producing film on dishes
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
How to Use:
- Dip one strip into a water sample for 3 seconds.
- Remove and immediately match to the colour chart. Complete colour matching within 1 minute.
Contains: 50 strips
Sensitivity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 250, 425, 1000 ppm (mg/l) or 0, 2, 5, 7, 11, 15, 25, 58 gpg
Total Test time: 3 seconds
Measurement as Calcium Carbonate CaCO3.
General description: For semi-quantitative determinations. Detection method: colorimetric. Fast, simply dip and read indicator paper. Consists of a plastic strip with attached sealed test paper. Compare colour change of test paper with fields of equal size on colour chart provided on plastic box.
Please note: Store in a cool, dry place (below 32°C) and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
Some lead times may be extended due to consecutive bank holidays.
We will close for Christmas on 20th December at 4:30pm and re-open on 3rd January 2024 at 9:00am.
We're currently experiencing unprecedented demand, please bear with us while we work hard to fulfill your orders. If your query is related to an existing order please email in with your order number in the subject line. If you have a new residential enquiry please consult the online guides before calling as they may answer your question.
The delivery information page is divided into 1. Specific and 2. General delivery information below.1. Specific Delivery Information relating to product lines
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- 1,000 litre compact underground rainwater tank
- Prestige Greco Roman Terracotta Style Vase Planter - Washed Terracotta
- SAR 40 Stormwater Pumping Station
- Green Roof sedum tray - pre planted option
- Powertank Compact 125l
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch requesting the delivery surcharge value if you are based in the Highlands or a UK island.
We no longer support ordering from the EU and Northern Ireland through the website. We can support ad hoc orders with limited liability.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
Guaranteed delivery can be arranged by advance agreement. This agreement is back to back with the courier and we will not be liable for any delays as per our terms.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-15 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parcelforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.