Total Hardness test strips are perfect to test the hardness of your water, to check the performance of your water softener, for service work, classroom demonstrations, or to give to customers instead of an expensive service call. This full range test kit lets you measure hardness on a very wide range of 0ppm to 1000ppm (mg/l).
(ppm = parts per million)
The definition of water hardness is based on the amount of calcium it contains per litre:
- Soft water contains less than 30mg of calcium per litre (less than 30ppm)
- Moderately hard water contains between 30 and 60mg (30 to 60ppm)
- Hard water between 60 and 120mg (60 to 120ppm)
- Very hard water contains more than 120mg of calcium per litre (more than 120ppm)
Total Hardness test strips for water quality offer a wide range of detection and are calibrated to be both accurate and sensitive:
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Low cost and high accuracy
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate results are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
With total hardness water quality test strips you are in control and can find out exactly where your calcium level is before it becomes a problem.
Understanding your Results:
- Hardness greater than 80ppm: Detergents with softening agents are not completely effective in cleaning
- Hardness greater than 120ppm: Some scaling will occur in pipes and appliances
- Hardness greater than 250ppm: Dishwasher impossible to use without producing film on dishes
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
How to Use:
- Dip one strip into a water sample for 3 seconds.
- Remove and immediately match to the colour chart. Complete colour matching within 1 minute.
Contains: 50 strips
Sensitivity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 250, 425, 1000 ppm (mg/l) or 0, 2, 5, 7, 11, 15, 25, 58 gpg
Total Test time: 3 seconds
Measurement as Calcium Carbonate CaCO3.
General description: For semi-quantitative determinations. Detection method: colorimetric. Fast, simply dip and read indicator paper. Consists of a plastic strip with attached sealed test paper. Compare colour change of test paper with fields of equal size on colour chart provided on plastic box.
Please note: Store in a cool, dry place (below 32°C) and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
We are fully operational and continue to dispatch.
*Dispatch to the EU AND NI will be temporarily suspended until further notice - please accept our apologies.*
*Last order date accepted with “best chance of delivery before Christmas” – 16.12.21 on all large items. Dispatch resumes w/c 4.1.22*
With the current situation, delays with delivery are expected due to lockdowns, reduced staffing, inundation of couriers from increased online ordering and a shortage of UK haulage drivers.
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- Enduramaxx tanks (all sizes)
- Verticle Water Tank 1400 - 20,000 Litre (all sizes)
- Manhattan Water Butt
- Prestige Grit Bins
- Horizontal Water Tank 2500 Litre
- All Rain Barrels
- Egg Planters
- 200l slim wall hung water butt
- Utility Tank
- Utility Tank System
- Rattan (oak, orange and blue)
- Design (circular and modern) water butt stands
*Stock inventory is changing, EU inventory, previously available next day, will no longer form Stock Inventory*
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.
===========================================================*Delays, in some cases significant delays, are being experienced on some EU stock items. Please call in advance for stock items*
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch if you are based in the Highlands, UK island or Northern Ireland, surcharges may apply.
We also ship all small items (<2kg) to the EU at standard rates which can be seen at checkout. For larger items or quotes for other destinations please get in touch.
We ship all small items (<2kg) Worldwide.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-5 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parceforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.