Wastewater (Sewage) Pumping Stations
Occasionally sewage cannot be discharged to the foul sewer by gravity. Perhaps the building has a cellar lower than the existing sewer or its a new build and the existing sewer is at height.
At its simplest a sewage pumping station is a tank with a pump in it which can deal with solids. Wastewater from the development flows under gravity to the tank. Once a certain level is reached the pump switches on and lifts the sewage to the foul drain where it joins the existing sewer system where the wastewater is treated.
In order to specify a waste watewater pumping station please get in touch and provide the following information :
- Number of persons at the property (Population equivalent)
- Horizontal distance between the pumping station and the receiving sewer
- Vertical lift between the base of the proposed pumping station to the discharge point
- Whether single or twin pumps are required
- Fittings from the pumping station to the outgoing and fittings from the outgoing pipe to the sewer
- Alarm system and cable length