Iron is the cheapest and one of the most abundant of all metals. The pure metal is not often encountered in commerce, but is usually alloyed with carbon or other metals. Pure Iron is very reactive chemically, and rapidly corrodes, especially in moist air or at elevated temperatures. Iron is primarily obtained from the minerals hematite (Fe2O3) and magnetite (Fe3O4). Huge amounts of iron are used to make steel, an alloy of iron and carbon.
This multi-purpose test kit tests not only the presence or absence but also gives an indication of the amount in parts per million (ppm) in water, the body and a wide range of materials.
Suitable for: urine, water; to test the substances which are not in solution, preparation can be made to convert them into solution for testing, this includes dust, dirt, paint, rice, milk, food, dishes, glasses
This non-invasive test helps detect harmful activities within the body through urine.
- Iron does not occur in nature in useful metallic form.
- Iron ore is the term applied to a natural iron-bearing mineral in which the content of iron is sufficient to be commercially usable. Metallic iron, from which steel is derived, must be extracted from iron ore.
Potential exposure to iron can happen:
- Thousands of products having various chemical composition, forms, and sizes are made of iron and steel by casting, forging, and rolling processes.
- Good plant sources of iron include dried fruits, whole grains (including wholemeal bread), nuts, green leafy vegetables, seeds and pulses. Other foods rich in iron but which are usually eaten in smaller amounts include soya flour, parsley, watercress, black molasses and edible seaweeds. The use of ironware when cooking foods also contributes to dietary intake.
- Up to 22% of the iron in meat is absorbed, while only 1-8% is absorbed from eggs and plant foods. If the body stores fall, the rate of iron absorption rises. About 40% of the iron in animal foods is in a form called haem iron, while the remainder, and all the iron in plant foods, is in the less well absorbed non-haem form.
Iron Toxicity Symptoms can include:
- Iron cannot be excreted therefore the excess builds to toxic levels in tissues of major organs such as the liver, heart, pituitary, thyroid, pancreas, lungs, and synovium (joints). These overburdened organs cease to function properly and eventually become diseased.
chronic fatigue, arthritic pain in joints, loss of libido (sex drive) or impotence, amenorrhea (premature cessation of menstrual cycle), changes in skin color such as jaundice, bronze or gray-olive colored skin, a tan without being in the sun, redness in the palms of the hands, abdominal pain, weight loss, shortness of breath, chest pain, heart arrhythmia, depression, elevated blood sugar, hypothyroidism, enlargement of spleen, elevated liver enzymes (ALT/AST)
Sensitivity: 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.05, 0.07, 0.1, 0.15, 0.2, 0.25
This test kit is a non-invasive urine testing kit. It is also suitable to test any other reasonably clear solutions where appropriate to do so. It is simple to use at home with full instructions given. It is recommended to read the instructions first before starting the test.
It is recommended to use saliva only if the user wishes to test for mercury or other metals that may be leaking from any amalgam dental fillings. Otherwise, to test for heavy metals in the body, the user should use urine as the sample solution to be tested.
Contents: 1 Test, including:
- 1 Colour strip on box of the kit
- 1 Test instruction sheet
- 1 Large test tube
- 1 pH strip (multiple use) and pH scale
- 1 vial with yellow cap - regagent 1 (clear solution)
- 1 vial with red cap - reagent 2 (solution) (caution irritant)
- 1 vial with blue cap - reagent 3 (solution) (caution irritant)
Storage: This test kit should be stored in a cool place , ideally 12°C to 20°C.
Related products: Heavy metals can be implicated in a range of acute and chronic conditions. Other individual tests available include arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, tin, heavy metals.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. Freeflush expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. Please keep out of reach of children and pets. Wash hands before and after use. The contents of the kit should not come in contact with food or consumables. Once the test has been completed, dispose of it responsibly.
We are fully operational and continue to dispatch.
With the current situation, delays with delivery are expected due to lockdowns, reduced staffing and inundation of couriers from increased online ordering generally.
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
The following items have a 4 week lead time:
- 1275l wall tank
- 525l rainwater tank
- 800l wall tank
- Irrigatia tank systems
- Alana - Blue Grey Granite
- Burgudy rainwater barrel
- Filter Collector White
- Filter Collector Universal White
- Granite Wall Tank with White Filter Collector
- Maurano - Charcoal
- Maurano - Sandstone
- Novara - Slate grey
- Rainbowl - Slate
- Rainbowl Flower - Blue Grey Granite
- Rainus - Brown
- Wall Tank with White Filter Collector - SANDSTONE
- Wall Tank with White Filter Collector - BLACK
800l Wall Tank - Green
- 800l Green Wall Tank - All Filters
- Green Rain Tank System - All sizes
*Dispatch to the EU AND NI will be temporarily suspended until further notice - please accept our apologies.*
*Delays, in some cases significant delays, are being experienced on some EU stock items. Please call in advance for stock items*
*Stock inventory is changing, EU inventory, previously available next day, will no longer form Stock Inventory*
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch if you are based in the Highlands, UK island or Northern Ireland, surcharges may apply.
We also ship all small items (<2kg) to the EU at standard rates which can be seen at checkout. For larger items or quotes for other destinations please get in touch.
We ship all small items (<2kg) Worldwide.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-5 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.