These pH & alkalinity water test indicator strips are perfect to see to check the pH & alkalinity of your drinking & tap & bottled water.
Testing the pH of water is important:
- Very low or very high pH can be an indicator for problems with water quality.
- This is especially the case for private water supplies. If the pH is too high, then the desinfectant can not work properly. If a pH is too low, then water can be corrosive for metal parts, ie, lead from lead pipes can leach into water or metal parts can be damaged.
- Tap water should have a pH of 6.5 to 9.5. Pure water should have a pH of approx 7.
A single test strip has been designed with two separate test pads: one for pH and the other for Total Alkalinity measurements. This test is also an alternative to wet chemical tests since it gives reproducible results for each test separately.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Fast and accurate results
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate test results for each element are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
Content: 50 strips
Sensitivity: pH: 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 11.0
Total Alkalinity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 240, 720 ppm (mg/l)
How to Use:
- Dip the Stick into water the water sample for 10 seconds without motion.
- Remove strip and immediately match colour of strip to the colour chart. Complete colour matching within 15 seconds.
Contains: 50 strips per bottle
Total Test time: 25 seconds
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. Freeflush expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
Some lead times may be extended due to consecutive bank holidays.
We will close for Christmas on 20th December at 4:30pm and re-open on 3rd January 2024 at 9:00am.
We're currently experiencing unprecedented demand, please bear with us while we work hard to fulfill your orders. If your query is related to an existing order please email in with your order number in the subject line. If you have a new residential enquiry please consult the online guides before calling as they may answer your question.
The delivery information page is divided into 1. Specific and 2. General delivery information below.1. Specific Delivery Information relating to product lines
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- 1,000 litre compact underground rainwater tank
- SAR 40 Stormwater Pumping Station
- Green Roof sedum tray - pre planted option
- Powertank Compact 125l
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch requesting the delivery surcharge value if you are based in the Highlands or a UK island.
We no longer support ordering from the EU and Northern Ireland through the website. We can support ad hoc orders with limited liability.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
Guaranteed delivery can be arranged by advance agreement. This agreement is back to back with the courier and we will not be liable for any delays as per our terms.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-15 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parcelforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.