Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) are the total amount of mobile charged ions, including minerals, inorganic salts or metals dissolved in a given volume of water, these elements are usually calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium cations and carbonate, hydrogencarbonate, chloride, sulfate, and nitrate anions. TDS is directly related to the purity of water and the quality of water purification systems.
The presence of Total Dissolved Solids may affect the taste of water. The palatability of drinking water has been rated by panels of tasters in relation to its TDS level as follows**:
- excellent, less than 300 mg/litre;
- good, between 300 and 600 mg/litre;
- fair, between 600 and 900 mg/litre;
- poor, between 900 and 1200 mg/litre; and
- unacceptable, greater than 1200 mg/litre.
- water with extremely low concentrations of TDS may also be unacceptable because of its flat, insipid taste.
(** source: WHO Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality, Total Dissolved Solids in Drinking Water)
The EPA* Secondary Regulations advise a maximum contamination level of 500mg/liter (=500 parts per million (ppm)) for TDS. When TDS levels exceed 1000mg/l it is generally considered unfit for human consumption. A high level of TDS is an indicator of potential concerns, and warrants further investigation. Most often, high levels of TDS are caused by the presence of potassium, chlorides and sodium. These ions have little or no short-term effects, but toxic ions (lead arsenic, cadmium, nitrate and others) may also be dissolved in the water.
Water purification system, like Reverse Osmosis systems require regular monitoring for TDS to ensure the filters and/or membranes are effectively removing unwanted particles and bacteria from your water.
*EPA = US Environmental Protection Agency
Benefits of testing for TDS:
- Taste/ Health: High TDS results in undesirable taste which could be salty, bitter, or metallic. It could also indicate the presence of toxic minerals.
- Filter performance: Test your water to make sure the reverse osmosis or other type of water filter or water purification system has a high rejection rate and know when to change your filter (or membrane) cartridges.
- Hardness: High TDS indicates Hard water, which causes scale buildup in pipes and valves, inhibiting performance.
- Aquariums/Aquaculture: A constant level of minerals is necessary for aquatic life. The water in an aquarium or tank should have the same levels of TDS and pH as the fish and reef's original habitat.
- Pools and Spas: TDS levels must be monitored to prevent maintenance problems.
These TDS water quality test strips are easy to use and designed to eliminate the need for breakable meters that require calibration:
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container with a detailed colour chart to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate results are achieved in under one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
- Factory-calibrated water quality test strips
- Dip one test strip into water sample for 2 seconds.
- Remove strip and shake once briskly to remove excess sample.
- Wait 10 seconds and match colour with closest on colour chart. Complete colour matching within the next 20 seconds.
Sensititvity: <50, 100, 250, 500, >750 mg/l (ppm)
Total testing time: 32 seconds
Content: 50 test strips
Please note: Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.
Made in USA
We are fully operational and continue to dispatch.
*Dispatch to the EU AND NI will be temporarily suspended until further notice - please accept our apologies.*
With the current situation, delays with delivery are expected due to lockdowns, reduced staffing, inundation of couriers from increased online ordering and a shortage of UK haulage drivers.
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- Irrigatia tank systems
- 800l wall tank
- Enduramaxx tanks (all sizes)
The following items have a 4-6 week lead time:
- water butt planters: Midi-Metropolitan, Metropolitan, Tall City, City, 280l water butt planter
- 280, 350, 400, 500, 650 V1, V2 and V3 rainwater tanks
- 525l rainwater tank
- All size water pillars
- 1275l wall tank
- 75,85 litre compact tanks
- 105 wall mounted
- Heavy duty design water butt stands
- 420l Just Water
- 1,900l slimline
- 1,100l Tank
- All size D-shaped tank
- 75l / 85l Mini Tank
- Caroma spares (apart from spares pack)
- Tumbleweed Composter
- 200l slim wall hung water butt
- Alana - Slate
- Rain Tank System - black filter - all sizes (black, granite, sandstone)
- Stone Effect Column Water Butt (all sizes)
- Rainbowl Flower Blue Grey Granite
- Novara slate
- Novara Taupe
- Maurano - Sandstone
- 800l Wall Tank - Green
- 800l Green Wall Tank - All Filters
*Stock inventory is changing, EU inventory, previously available next day, will no longer form Stock Inventory*
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.
===========================================================*Delays, in some cases significant delays, are being experienced on some EU stock items. Please call in advance for stock items*
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch if you are based in the Highlands, UK island or Northern Ireland, surcharges may apply.
We also ship all small items (<2kg) to the EU at standard rates which can be seen at checkout. For larger items or quotes for other destinations please get in touch.
We ship all small items (<2kg) Worldwide.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-5 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parceforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.