The Manhattan Grey 200 litre is a greywater recyling for garden irrigation.
Every household generates greywater on a daily basis which is simply drained away to waste. A typical shower ( 5 mins at 10 lpm) results in 50 litres of lightly contaminated water being discarded into the drainage system.
With some basic planning and change to behaviours this precious resource can be captured, treated and used in the garden.
The following greywater recyling guide describes the steps to consider when capturing greywater
The Manhattan Greywater recyling system incorporates the following features:
- Primary filter suitable for 40mm solvent weld and push fit waste
- A unique additive which reduces microbial growth
- A solar powered aerator which allows the encouarge aerobic digestion of microbes
- A low level sump for removal of byproducts of aerobic digestion
This main tank is available in a variety of colours and is made from MDPE, a high quality robust material, making the water butt both weather and frost proof.
The sleek Manhattan City water butt planter comes with a 100mm access in the planter bowl which allows the inside to be inspected, cleaned with a hose and also allows backnuts from overflows to be tightened.
This modern water butt includes a high quality brass tap (3/4" BSP), allowing a watering can to be quickly filled.
The access cap arrives blank, so if drainage is required a few holes can easily be pierced or drilled into the access cap, allowing water to drain into the main tank. The planter bowl is versatile and can be filled and used as a water feature or placed directly below an outdoor tap, allowing potting and cleaning tasks to be completed in the bowl, thus reusing the wash water.Benefits
- Super slim, compact design, ideal for tight spots
- Large, versatile planting bowl
- Opaque plastic reduces algae/microbial growth
- Rotationally moulded for strength, durability and longevity
- Frost proof
- Easy access for inspection and cleaning via 100mm access cover
- High quality 3/4" BSP brass tap and PTFE
- 100mm access cover (unpierced)
- 40mm solvent weld/push fit waste inlet filter
- Tank stand
- Solar powered aerator with battery back up
- 40mm push fit tank overflow (fitted below the planter level)
- Chrome or Design tap
- Automated 48 hr purge valve
- Height: 1050 mm
- Width/Depth at top: 500 x 500 mm
- Width/Depth at base: 375 x 375 mm
- Planter Dimensions: 420 x 420 x 150mm
- Planter Capacity: 25 litres
- 3/4" BSP brass tap
- 3/4" BSP bottom outlet / linking point (undrilled)
- Tank Capacity: 200 litres
- Material: MDPE
Some lead times may be extended due to consecutive bank holidays.
We will close for Christmas on 20th December at 4:30pm and re-open on 3rd January 2024 at 9:00am.
We're currently experiencing unprecedented demand, please bear with us while we work hard to fulfill your orders. If your query is related to an existing order please email in with your order number in the subject line. If you have a new residential enquiry please consult the online guides before calling as they may answer your question.
The delivery information page is divided into 1. Specific and 2. General delivery information below.1. Specific Delivery Information relating to product lines
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- 1,000 litre compact underground rainwater tank
- Prestige Greco Roman Terracotta Style Vase Planter - Washed Terracotta
- SAR 40 Stormwater Pumping Station
- Green Roof sedum tray - pre planted option
- Powertank Compact 125l
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch requesting the delivery surcharge value if you are based in the Highlands or a UK island.
We no longer support ordering from the EU and Northern Ireland through the website. We can support ad hoc orders with limited liability.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
Guaranteed delivery can be arranged by advance agreement. This agreement is back to back with the courier and we will not be liable for any delays as per our terms.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-15 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parcelforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.