This nifty little device allows the level of water in any water butt to be determined.
A common issue is not knowing the amount of water in a water butt or tank and not being able to plan accordingly without removing the lid and perhaps using a dipstick.
The sight level tube was originally developed for the Prestige Water Wall mounted water butt but since adapted for many standard water butts.
The high quality transparent hose allows the water level to be seen and accommodates a vast range of water butts.
The inlet is a standard 3/4" Male BSP which suits most water butt female threaded connections. Please ensure your water butt has 3/4" BSP female thread before purchase. Unsure about BSP sizing? Check BSP Sizing here.
The sight tube comes with a fixing screw, pipe clip, jubilee clip and PTFE tape to maintain leak free joints.
The sight tube is not supplied with a backnut if fitting to a tank which does not have a threaded connection.
Available in standard (1.16m) and long (2m) variants.
1. Clear 3/4 " tube (1.16 or 2m)
2. 3/4" bend with thread with O-ring
3. PTFE tape
4. Jubilee clip
5. 90 degree barbed bend
6. Pipe clip and self tapping screw
1. Fit the threaded elbow into the water butt. Ensure PTFE is applied to the thread and the 0-ring is in place. It maybe easier to fit the elbow by first removing it from the tubing. Ensure the barbed end from the elbow is pointing vertically up.
2. If the tube has been detached place the tube over the barbed end and force on. Ensure the thread has some lubricant (fairy liquid) applied. Once the clear tube is firmly on the thread apply the jubilee clip, tighten with a screwdriver.
3. Raise the tube vertically up the tank and mark the position of where the pipe clip should be placed on top of the tank.
4. Using the self tapping screw, screw the pipe clip into the top of the tank.
5. Fit the barbed elbow into the pipe clip and you're ready to go.
The delivery information page is divided into 1. Specific and 2. General delivery information below.1. Specific Delivery Information relating to product lines
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- Prestige Grit Bins
- Prestige Square planters (Please get in touch)
- 180l Washed Terracotta Planter
- Cascata Water butt
- Agua Water butt
- Grey Fountain Bowl
- 100l Manhattan Black, Grey, White
- All Ecosoft Items (Please email to confirm stock)
- Noblesse - Charcoal
- 3P Large Water butt - Water Pillar - 800l with quality filter and tap
- 200l slim wall hung water butt
- Column 500L - Green
The following items (EU) are purchased on a pre order basis with a potential 12 week lead time:
- Design (circular and modern) water butt stands
- 700 Litre D Shape Water Tank
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch if you are based in the Highlands, UK island or Northern Ireland, surcharges may apply.
We no longer support ordering from the EU and NI through the website. We can support ad hoc orders with limited liability.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-5 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parcelforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.