The bypass valve is typically used to isolate the control valve from the plumbing system’s water pressure in order to perform control valve repairs or maintenance. The 1” full flow bypass valve incorporates four positions, including a diagnostic position that allows service personal to work on a pressurized system while still providing untreated bypass water to the facility or residence.
The all-plastic design allows for easy access and serviceability without the need for tools. The bypass body and rotors are glass filled Noryl6 (or equivalent) and the nuts and caps are glass filled polypropylene. All seals are self-lubricating EPDM to help prevent valve seizing after long periods of non-use. The bypass consists of two interchangeable plug valves that are operated independently by red arrow-shaped handles.
The handles identify the flow direction of the water. The plug valves enable the bypass valve to operate in four positions.
- Normal Operation Position: The inlet and outlet handles point in the direction of flow indicated by the engraved arrows on the control valve. Water flows through the control valve during normal operation and this position also allows the control valve to isolate the media bed during the regeneration cycle.
- Bypass Position: The inlet and outlet handles point to the center of the bypass, the control valve is isolated from the water pressure contained in the plumbing system. Untreated water is supplied to the plumbing system.
- Diagnostic Position: The inlet handle points in the direction of flow and the outlet handle points to the center of bypass valve, system water pressure is allowed to the control valve and the plumbing system while not allowing water to exit from the control valve to the plumbing.
- Shut Off Position: The inlet handle points to the center of the bypass valve and the outlet handle points in the direction of fl ow, the water is shut off to the plumbing system . If water is available on the outlet side of the softener it is an indication of water bypass
We are fully operational and continue to dispatch.
*Dispatch to the EU AND NI will be temporarily suspended until further notice - please accept our apologies.*
*Last order date accepted with “best chance of delivery before Christmas” – 16.12.21 on all large items*
With the current situation, delays with delivery are expected due to lockdowns, reduced staffing, inundation of couriers from increased online ordering and a shortage of UK haulage drivers.
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- Irrigatia tank systems
- Enduramaxx tanks (all sizes)
- Verticle Water Tank 1400 - 20,000 Litre (all sizes)
- Horizontal Water Tank 2500 Litre
- All Rain Barrels
- Egg Planters
- 200l slim wall hung water butt
- Utility Tank
- Utility Tank System
- Rattan (oak, orange and blue)
- 800l Green Rain Tank - All
- 800l Green Wall Tank - All Filters
- Novara Taupe
*Stock inventory is changing, EU inventory, previously available next day, will no longer form Stock Inventory*
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.
===========================================================*Delays, in some cases significant delays, are being experienced on some EU stock items. Please call in advance for stock items*
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch if you are based in the Highlands, UK island or Northern Ireland, surcharges may apply.
We also ship all small items (<2kg) to the EU at standard rates which can be seen at checkout. For larger items or quotes for other destinations please get in touch.
We ship all small items (<2kg) Worldwide.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-5 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parceforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.