The bypass valve is typically used to isolate the control valve from the plumbing system’s water pressure in order to perform control valve repairs or maintenance. The full flow bypass valve incorporates four positions, including a diagnostic position that allows service personal to work on a pressurized system while still providing untreated bypass water to the facility or residence.
The all-plastic design allows for easy access and serviceability without the need for tools. The bypass body and rotors are glass filled Noryl6 (or equivalent) and the nuts and caps are glass filled polypropylene. All seals are self-lubricating EPDM to help prevent valve seizing after long periods of non-use. The bypass consists of two interchangeable plug valves that are operated independently by red arrow-shaped handles.
The handles identify the flow direction of the water. The plug valves enable the bypass valve to operate in four positions.
- Normal Operation Position: The inlet and outlet handles point in the direction of flow indicated by the engraved arrows on the control valve. Water flows through the control valve during normal operation and this position also allows the control valve to isolate the media bed during the regeneration cycle.
- Bypass Position: The inlet and outlet handles point to the center of the bypass, the control valve is isolated from the water pressure contained in the plumbing system. Untreated water is supplied to the plumbing system.
- Diagnostic Position: The inlet handle points in the direction of flow and the outlet handle points to the center of bypass valve, system water pressure is allowed to the control valve and the plumbing system while not allowing water to exit from the control valve to the plumbing.
- Shut Off Position: The inlet handle points to the center of the bypass valve and the outlet handle points in the direction of fl ow, the water is shut off to the plumbing system . If water is available on the outlet side of the softener it is an indication of water bypass
If your query is related to an existing order please email in with your order number in the subject line. If you have a new residential enquiry please consult the online guides before calling as they may answer your question.
The delivery information page is divided into 1. Specific and 2. General delivery information below.1. Specific Delivery Information relating to product lines
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/APC etc)
- 1,000 litre compact underground rainwater tank
- 250 litre Prestige large Plant Pot style planter Grey
- SAR40-TOP2 Wastewater Lifting station
- 250 litre Classic Slim Wall Water butt
- Green Roof sedum tray - pre planted option
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch requesting the delivery surcharge value if you are based in the Highlands or a UK island.
We no longer support ordering from the EU and Northern Ireland through the website. We can support ad hoc orders with limited liability.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
Guaranteed delivery can be arranged by advance agreement. This agreement is back to back with the courier and we will not be liable for any delays as per our terms.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-15 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parcelforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.