In order to design a soakaway the ground conditions must be known. Specifically, the infiltration rate must be determined using the method defined in the Soakaway test (BRE 365). This measure is used to determine the volume and plan area of the soakaway.
The Infiltration Test will be performed by a Chartered Civil Engineer.
This service is available in the Greater Manchester area and beyond depending on the Plant arrangement.
The following options are availble:
- Calculation only. Trial pit and measurements taken by others.
- Assessment Only. We complete the assessment. Trial pit and bowser supplied by others.
- Full assessment -we dig the trial pit, complete the assessment, reinstate the trial pit. This will be quoted on a site by site basis,.
- Remote assessment. We supply equipment so the data can be captured and the assessment can be completed.
Get in touch so we may provide a quotation for your site.
In order to quote we will need:
- Site Plan and location
- GA of proposed site -ideally with drainage routes shown
- Ground Investigation report if available
- Linesearch of existing services if available
- Site photos
- Confirmation of whose plant/bowser will be used - existing contractors or Freeflush to arrange. Bowser will require a min. 2" outlet.
- confirmation of whether a water main main/bowser is available on the site (>30lpm)
The output is a digital report of the Site Measurements, Observations and Infiltration Rate required for soakaway calculation.
Soakaways are appropriate for free draining ground material. If the ground is silty/clayey and a soakaway is still preferred please get in touch so we may understand your requirements.
- Prices quoted are for one trial pit
- The deposit is non refundable if we attend site.
- Payment is required in two parts, 50% on booking and 50% on completion. The prices quoted on the listing is for one day of testing excluding any provision of plant and bowser within 30 mins drive of M17 1SU.
- If clay is present or suspected please contact us so we may discuss the site and whether an assessment is appropriate.
If Building Control require 3 consecutive tests please inform us so we can quote accordingly. It is not always possible to complete 3 consecutive tests within a day of testing.
*Update 10/8/22. We're currently experiencing unprecendented demand please bear with us while we work hard to fulfil your orders. If your query is related to an existing order please email in with your order number in the subect line. If you have a new resdential enquiry please consult the online guides before callling as they may answer your question.
The delivery information page is divided into 1. Specific and 2. General delivery information below.1. Specific Delivery Information relating to product lines
- Small items dispatched daily with RM24 ~85% arriving next day
- Large items (UK made) typically 5 - 15 working days (Parcelforce/Tuffnells etc.)
- Prestige Square planters (Please get in touch)
- Luminor items (please email to confirm stock)
- Burgundy rainwater barrel
- 160 Litre Wall Mounted Water Butt Rainwater tank - optional Guttermate filter
- Prestige 500 litre Georgian rain water butt planter
- All Ecosoft Items (Please email to confirm stock)
- 200l slim wall hung water butt
- 750L RainCatcher Rainwater Tank
- Square water butt Heavy version 210, 400 and 650 litre
- Watering Post - Natural Stone - Sandstone
- Novara - Blue Grey Granite
- Noblesse - Sandstone
- Column 500L - Charcoal
- Column 500L - Green
We're a Manchester based company and ship to the UK at our standard rates. Please get in touch if you are based in the Highlands, UK island or Northern Ireland, surcharges may apply.
We no longer support ordering from the EU and NI through the website. We can support ad hoc orders with limited liability.
Our design and Prestige range is available in the Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, direct or through our distributors.
Stock items will be dispatched on the day of order, if ordered before 1pm.
Letters are sent 1st class.
Parcels <2kg are shipped with Royal Mail 24 Tracked with the following target delivery times.
A loss/replacement can only be pursued in line with the target delivery times of the courier or once the courier accept loss.
Bulky items (and pallet deliveries) are dispatched within 2-5 working days. We will request a contact number if this has not been provided at checkout.
Some items are made to order (bespoke) and details are given on the listing for dispatch times. If for any reason we anticipate a delay on our normal dispatch time we will contact you to let you know.
Occasionally there are delays. We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by you or any other person for any delays in delivery.
Missed deliveries where attempted delivery has been made usually result in re-deliveries the following day. The customer is responsible for organising re deliveries by contacting the courier direct.
Parcels/deliveries can only be "left out" if the delivering company allows that option. Parcelforce, for example, do not allow a parcel to be "left out".
We are an environment centric business and as such we try to minimise our waste. Our packaging is usually recycled and/or recyclable and we make efficient use of packaging to minimise wastage.
Covid delivery updates between 12.3.20 and 11.1.21 21 have been archived here.